NXPromote was developed to provide the remote promote feature to CA Endevor environments. This feature allows to create and manage as many promotion areas from the current CA Endevor Application Life Cycle.
NXPromote is an ISPF application which could be invoked from a TSO session to copy the required components from the CA Endevor managed libraries into promotion environment files defined outside of the normal Software Change Management LifeCycle.
The following picture depicts the objective of the NXPromote solution:
- Emcompasses remote promotion areas outside of the Endevor Application Life cycle
- Eliminates promotion performance issues while performing only one IEBCOPY step for all components
- Manages DB2 binds on remote promotion areas
- Eases the administration and management of the remote promotion areas
- Secures the access of the remote datasets with the Endevor alternate Id